Sunday, May 1, 2016

Been a Long Time

by Led Zeppelin

I have that song playing in my head as I write this. I've not been blogging much in the last, oh... five years.

I finally found an answer to my laptop display blues. I have a Lenova ThinkPad X1 Carbon for work and the HP Specter 360 is my everyday laptop for personal use, actually a year old now. It has a great display and there are many more choices now. The Microsoft Surface, Surface Book and the Mac Books, all have displays that go beyond the basic HD that previously drove me mad.

My new favorite is the display I have for my desktop. The Samsung UE590 is a 4K 28 inch LED monitor. I had to rearrange my desk to find room for it along with my dual 23 inch displays. I find the 3840 X 2160 resolution better suited for my use. I often have the screen split showing the code editor on the left and resulting web page on the right. Being able to see the editor and the browser side by side is fantastic. I'll make a few edits, save and refresh the page, all while staying on the same monitor. The additional lines of code displayed allows for much quicker editing. The full page display of the web page is fantastic. I use the other two monitors for throw off items. Email, twitter, etc. Whatever I'm not focusing on will be delegated to the secondary displays. 

If you get a chance I highly recommend picking up a 4K monitor. You will not regret the choice.


No comments: