Friday, April 11, 2008

Dell Audio Drivers Vista SP1

Ok, so my first real post is a rant. Not something that I am proud of but this is driving me crazy.

I have a Dell XPS M1710. It's a machine that I have really enjoyed and it has helped restore my faith in Dell as a company. I have bought at least six Dell machines. I started buying Dell exclusively several years back and I have had great success with them. The last computer I bought came with Vista Ultimate on it and I had some problems with it, that is another story for another blog, the end result is that Dell replace the computer.

Now that Vista SP1 is available I would like to get it installed. However I can't upgrade because the Sigma Tel High Definition Audio CODEC has driver issues. SP1 has been out for a while now and there is no word from Dell on when this driver will be updated.

It really sucks that I can't keep current on the OS. I hope Dell will remedy this situation soon.

Has anybody else had this problem? Have you been able to resolve it?

Let me know what your experiences have been.

----
MS KB on Vista

No comments: